We've Moved! Find us at http://www.MommyExpectations.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review - Green Lullaby's Eco Cradle - Taking Green to a New Level

Green Lullaby is a unique company in that they have created children's furniture entirely out of corrugated cardboard. "Cardboard", you say? That is correct, my fabulous readers. When I was in college, one of my art projects was to design a chair out of cardboard that would support our weight. I was surprised at how little of the brown papery goodness was required to complete the task.

While perusing Green Lullaby, I came across their Eco cradle. This is a portable lightweight cradle that will support your adorable little bundle during the first few months of their life. There are 2 color choices available, white (you can decorate yourself) or a snazzy circle pattern (I adore this one). What I like best about this cradle, aside from being 100% recyclable, is you can take it part easily and packs flat for storage when you are not using or if you need to travel. Below is the question and answer session I had with Laly Davis of Green Lullaby:
  • What kind of mattress will fit in the Eco cradle? Any type, preferably better quality but any mat in the right size would fit. The size 14.2 X 28.7 X 1.5 inch.  
  • Is the cradle specially coated to resist moisture? The outer lacquer resists moisture to some extent, it will not resist rain or constant pouring water, it will resist body fluids, baby bottles, or occasional spills. If it is soaked in a lot of water it will be recycled.  
  • Does it only come is white or how can someone get the patterned on feature on your site? It is either white or circles patterned, both are available at Abe's Market in the US.  
  • Does it wear out fast if your take it apart often for travel? No!  
I know you will fall in love with this cradle as much as I did. Get this new addition to your green nursery at  Abe's Market ($69, plus $5 flat rate for shipping) in the US or visit Green Lullaby's website for other locations in your country.

Thank you very much to Laly Davis for answering my questions so quickly and supporting my post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not going to run out and get pregnant but if/when the next one comes I hope this is still around! You always have awesome finds!

Post a Comment