We've Moved! Find us at http://www.MommyExpectations.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Houdini: The Stealth Diaper Removing Machine

Yesterday, I changed Dustin and put him down for a nap for which he usually sleeps for 2 hours. Sometimes he plays for a bit in there, but eventually falls asleep. Not yesterday! He just seemed to be having a grand old time in there and refusing to snooze.

At the 2 hour mark, I go in there to see that his bed has wets spots all over it. Thinking he has been crying, I look at him to see he is happy as a clam. Perplexed, I pick him up to find that he is soaked, still dressed in bodysuit and diaperless. Using my imagination, this situation could have been much, much worse. Phew, dodged a bullet on this one!

What is a mom to do in this situation? LAUGH, OUT LOUD. I laughed so hard I had to leave the room. There are a lot of other reactions I could have had, but this was just so amazing to me that amusement was the only option.

So, where is the diaper and how did he get it off? Well, after looking all around his crib, I find it on the side still as clean as when I put it on. With said imagination in place, I know this is a good thing. Phew, again! Scratching my head, I figure that he reached into the leg holes of his body suit and pulled on the tabs. Presto Chango, diaperless baby.

Normally, he is always wears some form of pants. Mom has always said that it is improper parenting to have your child run around half-naked. In this case, his pants were covered in yogurt and fruit. (Hazard of self-feeding) Since he was going to bed, I figured he would be warm enough with his blankets and I would put another pair on when he woke up.

This totally explains why he was not sleeping. Lord knows, I had a hard time sleeping with the postpartum night sweats. Urine has got to be worse. Again, you can use your imagination.

After bath, bed change and clean clothes he went right to sleep.

Well, I learned my lesson and my son will forever wear pants or some sort of baby proofing. Because next time... it will probably be worse.

Maybe it is time for potty training?


Original image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/olgite/ / CC BY 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment