We've Moved! Find us at http://www.MommyExpectations.com

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sickness sweaps the household and I am left holding the broom

Sundays are my only day of rest. Usually, Rob will take the baby with him to church, so I can have 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Not, today. Both the baby and husband are sick. With everyone sick, I am on double duty.

There is so much I probably took for granted as I was growing up. When I was sick, no one took better care of me than my mom. Moms are there to make you feel loved and comforted, even though you feel so terrible. I should remember to call my mom and thank her.

Before I took on this new role, I was not very good at being a care giver. Well, I could do the function, but it was lacking in the comforting. Rob can tell you some stories of my fabulous "torture" while he was sick. Speaking of that, I need to make sure he is drinking water...

With Dustin is sick, I want to do everything I can to comfort him and make him feel loved. He gets a case of congestion, now and again. Each time there is little I can do for him, but suction out his nose, give him saline drops, elevate the bed and of course, hold him. Poor little guy sounds like a truffle snorting pig. Hopefully, my love for him can provide some solace.

Here's hoping that they are all better soon. Mary Poppins, where are you when I need you?


1 comment:

Emmie Bee said...

I guess that's why I never got a call back yesterday? Let me know what days this week work for you. Hopefully everyone is feeling better soon!

Post a Comment