We've Moved! Find us at http://www.MommyExpectations.com

Monday, February 22, 2010

Manual vs. Powered Toothbrushes For Children

My husband and I have a powered toothbrush, so while doing research I can across this article. Which Is Better For Kids - Powered or Manual Toothbrush? I have found since we started using ours that my dental visits are more comfortable and there is less plaque to remove.

Sonicare has come out with another upgrade since I purchased my last model. In addition, they have a Philips Sonicare for Kids . Since I was thinking about getting a new toothbrush, I was hoping that there was a model that work for both children and adults. Alas, that is not really the case. According to some reviewers on Amazon, the kids toothbrush head will fit the Sonicare FlexCare Plus, kids will not benefit from the lower speeds or the musical jingle to change quadrant. I am just not sure I am ready to purchase a separate powered toothbrush for my child of 1 years old.

Today, I am off to replace the brush he chewed to death. We will sick with the manual ones for now, until he does not need to replace them so often. The cost involved in a powered toothbrush at his age is just not economical.

Dustin, do you want Winne the Pooh or a monkey on your toothbrush?

No comments:

Post a Comment